- Gifted with stunning natural sceneries, rich history, diverse culture, and jaw-opening architecture, Missoula is the perfect destination to spend vacations and create endless memories. Known as the Garden City, Missoula offers delicious cuisines, vibrant shopping centers, live concerts, and several tourist sites, such as Garnet Ghost Town, Caras Park, Big Sky Brewing, and Missoula Art Museum.
- So, plan a Missoula trip to explore creative art galleries, peaceful parks, and the convergence of five mountain ranges. To help get your trip, Travelouts have come up with a list of luxurious Missoula hotels. Visit soon!
- The city takes its name from Nemissoolatakoo, a Sakish word that later got short for Missoula. The original inhabitants of the Missoula were the Sakish Tribe. And the first white settlement was established by the arrival of C.P. Higgins and Francis Worden in 1860.
- Missoula is the birthplace of Jeannette Rankin. She was the first woman elected to Congress in 1916. You can carry a diary from Missoula hotels to record such facts.
- Missoula is the second-largest city in Montana. The metropolitan area is also famous as the Garden City since it shelters the dense green environment and several massive trees.
- The most welcoming time to visit Missoula is from June to August and from December to March when the weather is soothing, the temperature is mild, and rainfall is less. Missoula welcomes the maximum number of visitors during June, July, and August because of several annual events and seasonal festivals. As it is high time for tourism, you need to reserve Missoula hotels in advance to avoid expensive last-minute bookings.
- A Missoula trip during winter from December to March offers maximum ski activities, like snowboarding, ice skating, ice Fishing, and more. It is easy to bargain on bookings of Missoula hotels, restaurants, and entry tickets for several tourist attractions in winter.
- A Carousel for Missoula
- The Carousel for Missoula is the best place to visit in Missoula if you are with kids, as it has lots of fun activities for kids to enjoy. It was established by volunteers in 1991 and slowly became popular among travelers. Have a delicious and energetic breakfast or lunch from Missoula hotels to enjoy several adventurous rides, the Dragon Hollow, a speedy carousel, and play the historical brass ring game.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- The purpose of establishing this foundation is to protect endangered elk habitats. Take a small break from Missoula hotels to explore interactive exhibitions, jaw-dropping elk displays, a diorama of Western wildlife, a preservation theater, and several gift shops to buy souvenirs at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
- Missoula Art Museum
- Take a taxi from Missoula hotels to reach the museum shortly so you can save time exploring the creative artworks presented by world-famous artists. Visiting Missoula Art Museum is the best way to explore the vibrant culture and history of Missoula City.
- Take a ride to 20 miles of bike lanes throughout the city and explore the local streets of Missoula. The city has made a space in the list of top ten bicycle-friendly cities in the United States.
- You can also visit the international headquarter of the Adventure Cycling Association to enjoy free ice cream and relax in their Cyclists’ Lounge.
- Step out from Missoula hotels to get lots of vegan-friendly options to taste in Missoula. The finest restaurants have delicious vegetarian dishes to offer, like vegan polenta, vegan pizza, and vegan donuts.
- Enjoy some of the best craft beer in Missoula in Montana, placing the state fourth in the United States for the number of craft breweries per capita. Visitors can enjoy brews, Moose Drool, Dancing Trout, and Lost Peak Lager.
- The terrain surrounding Missoula still holds much evidence revealing its glacial history, as Missoula used to be an area under the water during the last ice age. It is also called Glacial Lake Missoula in the world.
- You will always find employees of Travelouts busy as it is the most-preferable agency to book accommodations for all kinds of trips, like in winter, summer, autumn, and spring. So, you can also visit us to get luxurious but not pricey Missoula hotels.
- You can choose different types of Missoula hotels to reserve accommodations, including Motels, Resorts, Villas, Chain Hotels, Inns, All-Suites, and more.
A: Some of the top-rated hotels in Missoula, Montana include The Wilma, Residence Inn by Marriott Missoula Downtown and the DoubleTree by Hilton Missoula Edgewater.
A: Some pet-friendly hotels in Missoula include the Staybridge Suites Missoula, the Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, and the Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn.
A: Yes, there are several luxury hotels in Missoula, including the Kimpton Armory Hotel, Gibson Mansion Bed and Breakfast, and the Hampton Inn Missoula.
A: Some of the most affordable hotels in Missoula include Motel 6 Missoula, Super 8 by Wyndham Missoula/Brooks Street, and the Days Inn by Wyndham Missoula Airport.