- Famous for its rich history and a mixed culture of Spain, the Caribbean, and France, Lafayette has much to offer its visitors, including delicious cuisines from different countries, luxurious Lafayette hotels, various shopping complexes, gorgeous walking trails, jaw-dropping architecture, and more.
- Apart from these, visitors love to explore some of its best tourist places, including but not limited to Vermilionville, Acadian Village, Lafayette Science Museum, and Evangeline State Park.
- So, start planning your trip here, at Travelouts, by checking out the facts, weather conditions, tourist attractions, outdoor activities, and budget-friendly Lafayette hotels.
- The city of Lafayette is known as "The Sportsman's Paradise" because most of the year offers a warm climate. And since 2003, the city has been home to the Bayou Bulls, a semi-pro football team.
- Lafayette hosts the five days Festival International de Louisiane, the gigantic art and music festival in the United States. Step out from Lafayette hotels to collect more facts.
- The Louisiana University is the second-largest university in Louisiana and the largest campus within the eight-campus University of the Louisiana System.
- The original name of Lafayette was St. Jean du Vermilionville. Vermilionville became an area of two parishes, St. Mary and St. Martin. The part of the St. Martin parish got named Lafayette Parish after the Marquis de Lafayette, an idol of both the French and American Revolutions.
- Lovely weather, mild temperature, less rainfall, fewer crowds, and inexpensive Lafayette hotels make the months of April, October, and November the most comfortable to plan a trip. A trip during these months makes your site visits pleasant and helps keep everything under budget, including accommodations, meals, transportation, and shopping.
- Tourists can hit the city in June, but reserve Lafayette hotels in advance at Travelouts as it is high time for tourism. Visitors may face elevated prices of Lafayette hotels, dining tables at some of the top restaurants, and entry tickets for several attractions in Lafayette.
- Vermilionville Park
- This 23 acres area of Vermilionville Park displays the diverse culture from Creole, Acadian, and North American. The park got its name because of its position along the Bayou banks of Vermilion. If you love to hunt and do thrilling activities, Vermilionville is the best place to visit. Also, a tour of this park will help you to learn facts and its history. You can carry a small diary from Lafayette hotels to record fascinating facts.
- Lake Martin Rookery
- Lake Martin Rookery is one of the best destinations if you are with kids. Kids and adults can interact with several animals, including alligators, egrets, and many more. Apart from meeting animals, you can also enjoy a boat tour of the lake and explore different species of fauna and flora. Get your stomach filled with a heavy and delicious breakfast from Lafayette hotels so hunger will not spoil your fun in the middle.
- Lafayette Downtown
- The downtown offers several famous and local food corners to try different cuisines, different shopping centers to buy some things trendy and traditional for loved ones, and numerous luxurious Lafayette hotels to secure accommodations.
- Explore street arts, entertaining theatres, visual arts, and Cajun music, a combination of bluegrass and French with a touch of European folk music in the different tourist sites.
- Leave Lafayette hotels to enjoy five days with six music stages, art galleries, arts and crafts boutiques, multiple food courts, strolling street musicians, and a designated children's area at the Festival International de Louisiane.
- Make your weekend adventurous with live performances of music & dance and street festivals. Also, join the famous Mardi Gras celebrations offering colorful wild costumes.
- Be ready to have fun with some exciting outdoor activities, such as fishing, canoe rides, bike riding, and hiking trails, with your journey mates at the bayous and swamps in Lafayette.
- Want to plan an adventurous trip with a low budget? Travelouts is here to help you as it offers various Lafayette hotels packages for different budget travelers. Customers can choose Lafayette hotels according to their requirements and interest.
- Get appealing schemes and bumper discounts on the packages of Lafayette hotels during the off seasons and the festive seasons. Also, online bookings can increase the discount percentages.
- Reserve different accommodation types, like Motels, Resorts, Villas, Chain Hotels, Inns, Boutique Hotels, and Suites at Lafayette hotels.
A: Most hotels in Lafayette offer amenities such as free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, fitness centers, and swimming pools.
A: The average price range for hotels in Lafayette is $80 to $150 per night, depending on the hotel's location, amenities, and season.
A: Lafayette is served by Lafayette Regional Airport, which is located about 3 miles southeast of downtown Lafayette. Some hotels offer free airport shuttles, and taxis and ride-sharing services are also available.
A: Yes, there are several pet-friendly hotels in Lafayette, such as La Quinta Inn & Suites, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Red Roof Inn.