- Plan your vacations in a famous destination for its access to the Smokies and college-town ambiance. Yes, Knoxville is known for the historic University of Tennessee and the world-famous attractions and activities, like Market Square, Tennessee Theater, Zoo Knoxville, Knoxville Museum of Arts, and Sunsphere Tower. With its downtown, shopping complexes, magnificent Knoxville hotels, top restaurants, and thrilling outdoor activities, Knoxville will keep you entertained for weeks.
- Visiting the Museum of East Tennessee History helps to know its culture, traditions, and more by exploring various art exhibitions, textiles, and Civil War-related artifacts.
- Well! To ensure a remarkable trip in Knoxville, check out our roundup of fascinating facts, weather conditions, eye-catching tourist sites, fun activities, and the most significant Knoxville hotels at Travelouts.
- The 1786 log cabin in James White’s Fort was the first permanent building in Knoxville, built by the Revolutionary War captain.
- Tennessee chose the city of Knoxville as its first capital in 1796. Visitors must carry a short notebook from Knoxville hotels to record more facts about it.
- James White founded the area of Knoxville in 1791. It was established in 1792 and incorporated in 1815.
- The city was named after the War Secretary of President Washington, Mr. Henry Knox.
- This fact may surprise you that Knoxville is home to more restaurants per capital than any city in the United States.
- Planning a Knoxville trip from March to June and September to November features:-
- Knoxville hotels at low rates,
- Pleasant weather, making site visits comfortable,
- Fewer crowds,
- Moderate temperature, and
- Many annual events and festivals to join.
- World Fair Park
- Situated in downtown Knoxville, this natural, green, and spacious park was the fairgrounds of the 1982 World Fair. Slowly, it became a famous public park, welcoming thousands of visitors throughout the day. Tourists can also enjoy several free things to do, like beautiful yards, picturesque walkways, pristine oases, and stunning untouched scenery to click pictures and make videos & insta reels. World Fair Park hosts a slew of events every year. Try to plan your trip accordingly to join this colorful annual festival. Take a small break from Knoxville hotels to explore the well-paved trails, enjoy the Splash Pads, watch live concerts and celebrate festivals at the Performance Lawn inside the park.
- Zoo Knoxville
- This 53 acres area of the zoological park in Knoxville offers more than 700 animals of different species. Zoo Knoxville is one of the best places to have fun with kids, as they can interact with animals, feed them with their hands, and take photos with them. Encountering from tall giraffes and red pandas to plenty of fascinating creatures is enough reason to visit this exclusive park. Also, let your kids enjoy an adventurous ride on the Zoo Choo Train and a camel ride at Zoo Knoxville. Taking a taxi from Knoxville zoo will ease your journey to the park and allows you to enjoy an incredible view from your car window.
- Knoxville Museum of Art
- If you are an art lover, you must add this creative tourist spot to your list to visit. Situated in the World fair Park, This indoor art museum is the best thing to do during rain and cold rather than sitting in the room of Knoxville hotels. The Knoxville Museum of Art features an upscale series of art exhibitions that include incredible artworks presented by numerous world-famous artists. Also, explore the awe-inspiring “Cycle of Life and the Wonder of Infinity” by Richard Jolley. Apart from this, you will love to explore the Thorne Rooms, a display set of detailed smallish dioramas.
- Get ready to experience multiple adventurous outdoor activities, including bird-watching, cycling, hiking, rock climbing, paddling, and canopy & zip line at different tourist attractions in Knoxville.
- Step out from Knoxville hotels to enjoy entertaining shows, dramas, and live events at Knoxville theaters, like Tennessee Theatre and Bijou Theatre.
- Visit Travelouts to book the most relaxing Knoxville hotels at budget-friendly rates. Also:-
- Get 24/7 assistance and easy solutions to every reservation query.
- Grab attractive deals and extra discounts on the packages of Knoxville hotels at Travelouts.
- Travelouts offer an online platform to secure Knoxville hotels without visiting our office physically.
- All the Knoxville hotels booked at Travelouts feature several standard amenities to make the trip extra comfortable.
A: Located in the valley with an elevation of about 880 feet, Knoxville gets only about 6 inches of snow every winter of each year.
A: Its historic attractions, museums, theaters, parks, shopping corners, luxurious hotels, and tons of adventurous activities, make knoxville worth visiting for every tourist.
A: Yes, you can explore Knoxville’s beauty by walking throughout Downtown Knoxville. You can get almost anywhere you require to go on foot.
A: There are many hotels, which are kids-friendly and perfect for families, like you can reserve rooms at Hilton Knoxville, Ancient Lore Village, Quality Inn, and Hampton Inn & Suites-Knoxville /North I-75.