Especially famous for oil and agriculture, Bakersfield is one of the preeminent places to spend some time and enjoy various recreational activities with family. Located in the state of California, the city has a number of arts, culture-rich and historical sites where tourists can relish their holiday and get excellent clicks to fill their album gallery for recalling the moments. Start planning your itinerary and include one of the ideal attractions that perfectly suit your interest. The destination surprises its visitors with its numerous incredible museums, enchanting theaters, exhilarating amusement parks, upbeat zoos, stunning parks, awe-inspiring art galleries, first-class restaurants and so on that allow them to have unforgettable winks of their life.
Choose us to book superior hotels at inexpensive rates while planning to visit the city. We, at Travelouts, put our complete efforts to give you a lavish experience of staying in top resorts during your trip. We are a team of seasoned travel experts who are always ready to serve our precious customers with exclusive deals on accommodation. We are associated with premium hotels in Bakersfield that will fulfill all your requirements and give you a comfortable stay to make your trip uninterrupted. If you are searching for the biggest attractions to visit in Bakersfield, perfect time to visit, and more. Here's a complete guide for you.
1. Visit Remarkable The Fox Theatre to Entertain Yourself : Fox Theatre was opened in 1930, where entertainment buffs can enjoy a number of entertaining shows including comedy, movies, music, and much more. At this theatre, you will feel a great vintage charm and can satisfies your eyes with its stunning interiors done with beautiful velvet curtains and matching architecture. Numerous people come here just to witness the beauty of its outstanding acoustics and its intimate setting. The venue is served by many well-known performers including The Pretenders and Carlos Mencia.
2. Visit Kern County Museum to Explore City's History : Located in Bakersfield, Kern County Museum displays the history of Kern County. The museum mainly features Pioneer Village which houses 56 buildings. You can come here to learn about the past life of the city during the end of the 19th century through this village. All the buildings were restored after being formed as an old town by changing their location. Moreover, history lovers can study the sorts of historical furnishings employed at that time. During the festival season, the museum is embellished and it also hosts special events for tourists.
3. Visit Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace to Spend Musical Moments : Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace is one of the popular and top restaurants in Bakersfield which was opened by Local Country Music star Buck Owens. The restaurant's musical theme entices plenty of tourists and compels them to spend some time here to unwind with soothing music. Besides, you can glimpse the array of guitars, apparel, and memorabilia of the late singer that he accumulated over the years in order to embellish Crystal Palace. You can enjoy various live music shows and see a small museum dedicated to its creator.
4. Visit Kern River Canyon to Satisfy You with Ravishing Sunset View : For adventure lovers, the city has one of the prominent and worth visiting sites Kern Canyon which gives them an opportunity to try camping, hiking, fishing, and other activities. As the canyon was created by the Kern River, it adjoins the Southern San Joaquin Valley with the Kern River Valley. The local people anoint this area as “California’s best-kept secret” as the outstanding view during the sunset can be captured on your camera while the brown hills dart on the water.
5. Visit Buena Vista Museum Of Natural History to Explore Relics : One of the family-friendly destinations, the Buena Vista Museum of Natural History displays multiple taxidermied animals, Miocene fossils, and Asian, African, and North American animal bones. If you are coming with children then must visit its immersive discovery center called Oh! Zone. Don't forget to add it to your itinerary while traveling to Bakersfield.
If you are going to travel to Bakersfield, consider visiting the city between March to May as you get the ideal climate condition of the city to enjoy the outdoors. During this time, tourists have a chance to avail of the best and most affordable deals on Bakersfield hotels as the crowd of peak time gets reduced during these months and hotel rates get lower. Browse a wide variety of accommodation services online on one of the dependable websites, Travelouts. Book your hotel with help of experienced travel experts.
When it comes to booking hotels in Bakersfield at cheap rates, then the month of September is highly recommended for under-budget travelers who can reserve their accommodation services during this time. Also, they get good weather condition to enjoy the city's top attractions. Enjoying vacations this month in Bakersfield will give you unforgettable memories with your beloved ones at cheap rates.
Plan your trip now with Travelouts and find the best Bakersfield hotel deals at inexpensive rates. Also, get seemly suggestions from our experts on top accommodation in the city.
Q- How far is Bakersfield from the beach?
A- Bakersfield (CA) is about 110 miles or 177 kilometers from the nearest beach, Pismo Beach. Other nearby beaches include:- Morro Bay (about 120 miles or 193 kilometers away) Avila Beach (about 125 miles or 201 kilometers away), and Santa Barbara (about 135 miles or 217 kilometers away).
Q- Is Bakersfield CA expensive?
A- Bakersfield (CA) has a cost of living that is lower than the national average, making it an inexpensive place to live and visit. However, costs may vary because of several factors, such as housing, transportation, and entertainment.
Q- Is Bakersfield worth visiting?
A- Yes, Bakersfield is worth visiting for those who enjoy outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, and camping. The city also offers several museums, venues dedicated to the genre, and a variety of dining and entertainment options.
Q- Which hotels in Bakersfield are good for families?
A- Book family-friendly hotels in Bakersfield to spend some quality time with your loved ones, like:-The Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield,The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bakersfield, The Residence Inn by Marriott Bakersfield, andThe TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bakersfield West.